The last time the Mids were ranked was in 2008-09 (preseason poll).
The Mids won six straight matches en route to what marked just their second win at Drexel in five tries.
Navy owns a 10-5 series advantage against Drexel, defeating the Dragons, 25-14, in their last meeting on Jan. 15, 2016.
Navy had three additional wrestlers who fell a win shy of placing in their respective weight classes.
Fifteen of the nation's top-25 teams will compete at this year's CKLV Invitational which kicks off on Friday at noon Eastern.
• Davis in 2016-17 (Jr.): After wrestling at 133 pounds his first two seasons, wrestled at three different weight classes - 141, 149, 157 - his junior year ... produced a 20-10 mark, dropping his lone dual match of the season ... placed third at the East Stroudsburg Open, Franklin & Marshall Open and Edinboro Open ... pushed up to 157 pounds at the end of the year to fill a void left due to injuries ... took sixth place at the EIWA Championship after upsetting third-seeded and nationally-ranked Victor Lopez of Bucknell in the opening round, 6-3 ... suffered a tournament-ending injury midway through his match against Brown’s Steven Galiardo and was forced to medically forfeit his fifth-place bout against Lopez.
• 2015-16 (So.): Navy’s starter at 133 pounds, turned in a 28-16 record that featured an 8-3 dual meet mark ... earned his first NCAA Tournament berth after defeating fifth-seeded Caleb Richardson of Penn, 1-0, to take third at the EIWA Championship ... posted a 4-1 mark at the conference tournament that featured wins over third-seeded Angelo Amenta of Columbia (8-3), eighth-seeded Jeffrey Ott of Harvard (10-5) and Richardson ... he dropped his lone match to second-seeded Mason Beckman of Lehigh, 12-4, in the semifinals ... made appearances in six regular-season tournaments, including the Bearcat Open where he placed fourth ... defeated Merchant Marine’s Kimo Dial by tech fall (16-1) and knocked off 19th-ranked Josh Martinez of Air Force, 7-4, to win the All-Academy Championship title ... it marked just his second career victory over a ranked wrestler ... earned big dual victories over Princeton’s Trey Aslanian (11-5), Drexel’s Frank Ferraina (4:32), Old Dominion’s Josh Markham (17-2), North Carolina’s James Szymanski (6-0) and Army West Point’s Austin Harry (8-1) ... turned in a 1-2 record at the NCAA Championship where he scored a 17-1 tech fall over Rider’s Robert Deutsch.
• 2014-15 (Fr.): Battled 2014 NCAA qualifier Colton Rasche for the starting 133-pound job throughout the season ... posted the second-most wins on the team with a 28-15 record, including seven wins by fall ... placed in five tournaments ... took third at the East Stroudsburg Open, scored a 14-4 major decision over Paddy Quinlan of Franklin & Marshall to place third at the Franklin & Marshall Open and dealt The Citadel’s Clarence Arrington a 10-2 loss to finish third at the All-Academy Championship ... placed seventh in his first showing at the EIWA Championship ... earned an 8-0 major decision over Christian Doyle in his first Army-Navy Star Match ... produced a 9-7 victory over Harper College’s Duke Bogicovic at the Michigan State Open (Fr./So. Div.) to earn his first collegiate victory.
• High School: A 2014 graduate of Penn High School in Mishawaka, Ind., Davis was a four-year wrestling letterwinner ... a four-time state qualifier and three-time state placewinner (2012-13-14) ... claimed the individual region championship four times ... member of Penn wrestling teams that won the region championship four times ... served as wrestling team captain his senior year ... member of the National Honor Society, he graduated with high honors.
• Personal: Son of John and Laurie Davis ... twin cousins Alex and Zach Johnson graduated from the Naval Academy in 2014 and were both members of the wrestling team ... majoring in Systems Engineering, he boasts a 3.68 grade-point average ... named to the Commandant’s List in each of his six semesters at the Academy ... has been named to the Superintendent’s List in three of the last four semesters and has twice been named to the Dean’s List ... has twice received the EIWA Academic Achievement Award ... stands 137th in Overall Order of Merit, 223rd in Academic Order of Merit and 72nd in Military Order of Merit among his 1,088 classmates.