13 Kalen Kropa
Complete Media Guide Bio in PDF Format
* American Politics and Law
* Navy, aviation
* Graduated from Rockingham County High School.
* Earned four letters in both basketball and cross country.
* Garnered all-state honors in both sports during her senior year.
* Basketball team won regional titles in both 2002 and `03.
* Was selected as the MVP of the basketball team three times.
* Served as president of her senior class.
* Kalen Alise Kropa
* Born April 11, 1986, in Scranton, Pa.
* Father played college baseball at West Virginia Wesleyan.
* Named to Navy's Commandant's List for the 2008 spring semester.
* Named to the 2008 Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.
2007-08 Season Highlights
* Ranked third in the Patriot League with 3.86 assists per game.
* Dished out four or more helpers in 17 games on the year, with a season-high of eight recorded F9 at Bucknell.
* In the same game at Bucknell, also tied her career high with 13 points scored.
* Grabbed four or more rebounds in nine games, with her season-high of six coming J27 against Army.
2006-07 Season Highlights
* Became just the third player in Navy history (Maile Shimoda, 2004; Lauren Skrel, 2006) to lead the Patriot League in assists with an average of 4.79 helpers a game. Her tally also ranked 48th in the NCAA.
* Her assists-per-game average ranks ninth in school history, while her total of 139 assists stands fifth at Navy.
* Handed out four or more assists in 18 games on the year. Her top tally was nine and was recorded F13 against Holy Cross.
* Scored a career-high 13 points N18 at Howard.
* Grabbed four or more rebounds in nine games, including a career-high seven F24 at Colgate.
* One of only two players to start all 29 games on the year, she led the Mids with 1,003 minutes played. Her 34.6 minutes-per-game average also was the highest on the team by an average of three minutes.
2005-06 Season Highlights
* Scored a season-high 11 points in a pair of games.
* Shot 5-of-9 from the field on her way to scoring 11 points in Navy's Patriot League Tournament game M2 against Colgate.
* Converted 5-of-6 attempts from the field in tallying 11 points J31 against Holy Cross.
* Scored eight points, dished out a season-high seven assists and did not commit a turnover J24 against American.
* Handed out five assists and recorded a pair of steals N19 against Monmouth.
* Hauled in a season-high four rebounds in three games, with multiple rebounds coming in 13 games.