Duncavage & Geif Receive Sword Awards for Excelling in Career
Geif, Pollinger, Membreno, Pemper honored
* Angela Michelle Myers
* Born Feb. 23, 1988, in Omaha, Neb.
* Sisters, Ashley and Alexys are graduates of Air Force and Army, respectively, while brother, Gary, is a junior at Navy and is a member of the football team.
* General Science
Military Service Interest
* Navy, aviation
* Graduated from Taft High School.
* Played both soccer and basketball during her prep career.
* Her basketball team won regional titles during her freshman and sophomore years.
* Earned all-district honors in hoops during each of her four years and as a senior in soccer.
* Served as class president as a junior and vice president the following year.
* Tabbed as the Patriot League's Defensive Player of the Year in both 2009 and `10. Is the first Mid to win the award during its six-year existence, and is the first repeat winner of the accolade in the league.
* Earned First-Team All-Patriot League honors in 2010 after garnering Second-Team All-Patriot League laurels in 2009.
2009-10 Season Notes
* Earned Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year honors while also being named first team all league.
* Reached double figures in points in 18 games on the season.
* Grabbed five or more rebounds in 23 games.
* Swiped multiple steals in 17 games.
* Scored a career-high 23 points on 10-of-12 shooting from the field in regular season finale against Colgate. Also added seven assists, five steals and five rebounds in the game.
* Notched a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds in Navy's Star Game win at Army. Totaled 13 points and eight rebounds in the second half.
* Selected as the Patriot League Player of the Week on Dec. 28 and Feb. 22.
* Her former award was thanks to her 13-point, 6-rebound, 4-assist, 4-steal performance against Air Force, while her latter accolade included her previously mentioned game against Army along with a 17-point, 7-assist, 5-rebound game at Holy Cross.
* Was named to the all-tournament team at the season-opening Phoenix Classic. Scored 19 points and grabbed four rebounds against High Point before tallying six points and 12 boards at Elon. Her latter rebounding tally was a season best.
* Dished out 11 assists and grabbed nine rebounds in home game against Holy Cross.
* Ranked among the Patriot League leaders in 12 of the 13 statistics tracked by the league. This included her leading the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.4) and ranking second in assists (4.1) and free throw percentage (82.1%).
* In league games, paced all conference players in assists (4.9) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.7).
* Her 181 career assists ranks second among all Navy players through the end of the junior year. Her tally is just two behind Becky Dowling's three-year total of 183.
* Played 1,000 of a possible 1,245 minutes on the year (80.3%). Her 1,000 minutes ranked seventh in school history.
2008-09 Season Notes
* Selected as the 2009 Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year.
* Also garnered Second-Team All-Patriot League laurels as a sophomore.
* Was one of only two players on the team to start all 31 games.
* Ranked among the Patriot League leaders in 12 of 13 statistical categories (all but blocked shots).
* Top-five rankings included steals (second, 2.2 spg), free throw pct. (third, 83.0%), assist-to-turnover ratio (third, 1.6), offensive rebounds (third, 2.8 rpg), rebounding (fourth, 7.0 rpg) and assists (fifth, 3.8 apg).
* Set a Navy record for the most career assists compiled by the end of a sophomore year with 221, while her 123 steals was the second-most by a Mid through the end of their sophomore season.
* Her 68 steals was a Navy sophomore class record and ranked sixth in school history.
* Recorded six double-doubles on the year while missing a double-double by either one point or one rebound in five additional games.
* Scored in double figures in 19 games.
* Had a stretch of scoring 10 or more points in nine of 10 games from N25-J5, as well as a span of 10+ points in seven of eight games from J28-F25.
* Scored a career-high 16 points against Colgate. Tallied 11 of those points in the second half.
* Swiped seven steals vs. Lafayette, with six steals coming at Lafayette.
* Added nine points, 10 rebounds and four assists in the latter meeting vs. the Leopards.
* Grabbed a career-high 13 rebounds (to go along with 12 points) at Penn.
* Connected on 8-of-8 free throw attempts at Winston-Salem State. Her final two free throws gave Navy a 53-49 lead with 6.8 seconds remaining.
* Totaled three or more steals in 11 games.
* Shot 40% or better from the floor in 19 games.
* Dished out three or more assists in 23 games, including a season-best nine vs. Lafayette.
* Connected on multiple three-point field goals in 10 games.
* Scored 14 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and dished out six assists at Lehigh.
* Finished the game against Holy Cross with 13 points, eight rebounds and three assists.
* Scored 12 points, hauled in eight rebounds and grabbed five steals vs. Army.
* Posted 11 points, 11 rebounds and three assists against Radford.
2007-08 Season Notes
* Ranked among the top-10 players in the Patriot League in five statistical categories.
* Scored 10 or more points in four games on the year, including a season-best 14 at Colgate.
* Led Navy in offensive rebounds, with her total of 83 doubling that of the next closest Mid (41, K.C. Gordon).
* Grabbed three or more offensive boards in 12 games, with a high of seven coming at Colorado State.
* Picked up 39 offensive rebounds during the 14-game Patriot League season.
* Totaled four or more boards in 22 games, with six or more caroms coming in 15 games.
* Her season high for boards was 11 in Navy's Patriot League Tournament game against Holy Cross.
* Scored only two points, but dished out 11 assists and swiped five steals against Air Force. Both her assist and steal totals were one away from tying the respective Navy freshman class record.
* Tallied three or more steals in 10 games on the season, with her best effort of five coming in that game against Air Force.
* Handed out three or more assists in 20 games, with five or more coming in seven games.
* Converted at least 40 percent of her shots from the field in 17 games.
* Was the only player on the team to start all 30 games during the season.