Patriot League Home Opener Set for Navy on Friday Night
|GAME 12: LOYOLA (2-6, 0-1 PL) at NAVY (8-3, 1-0 PL)|
||Friday, Sept. 22, 7:00 PM|
|Location||Glenn Warner Soccer Facility|
|Game Notes||Navy Media Notes|
|Social Media||@NavyAthletics | Facebook | Instagram|
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - Week two of the Patriot League women's soccer schedule commences this Friday night in Annapolis with the 12th-ever meeting between the Navy and Loyola. Kickoff between the Mids (8-3, 1-0 PL) and Greyhounds (2-6, 0-1 PL) is set for 7:00 PM at the Glenn Warner Soccer Facility.
Both live stats and video will be available as part of Friday night's coverage.
Navy vs. Loyola
• Friday will be the 12th meeting between the two Maryland schools in a series that began with Navy’s first-ever NCAA competition on Sept. 4, 1993 ... Since that opening 2-0 loss by the Mids in Annapolis, Navy has played 500 more NCAA games, though versus the Greyhounds since 1993, Navy has gone 6-2-2 ... Loyola joined the Patriot League in 2013 so the matchups between the two schools, that are separate by 35 miles have become a regular occurance ... The teams have split the last three meetings with Loyola winning in 2016, playing to a 2-2 draw in 2015 and Navy taking a Patriot League postseason victory by a 4-1 count in 2014.
• Last season in Baltimore, the two teams battled into double overtime with score knotted at 1-1 before the Greyhounds won in walk-off fashion with a Casey McKenzie golden goal in the 106th minute ... Following a scoreless first half, the Greyhounds grabbed the lead in the 48th minute and held onto a 1-0 advantage until the 85th minute when Clare MacAdam found Cadie Higginson from 30 yards out for a high-arching shot on goal past the Loyola goalkeeper ... Navy and Loyola stood even in shots at 8-8, as well as in shots on goal at 5-5.
• Amongst returning players, Clare MacAdam has recorded points in three of her career matchups versus the Greyhounds (2 goals in 2015, assists in 2014-PL Semis and 2016) ... Megan Rogers (2014-PL Semis) and Cadie Higginson (2016) have also found the back of the net against Loyola ... Meghan Hegarty has played in 362 of 415 minutes over her first three years of competition with Loyola, including all 105 in 2016.
Last 5 Matchups
In the last five meetings dating back to 2013, Navy is 2-1-2 and has outscored Loyola, 10-5
Sept. 24, 2016: Loyola 2 - Navy 1 (2ot)
Sept. 26, 2015: Navy 2 - Loyola 2
Nov. 4, 2014: Navy 4 - Loyola 1 (Patriot League Semifinals)
Oct. 26, 2014: Navy 0 - Loyola 0
Oct. 27, 2013: Navy 3 - Loyola 0
Comparing the Teams
|Patriot League Record||1-0||0-1|
|Goals||Eleanor Pratt, 6||Mary Theresa Corcoran, 2|
|Assists||Baseley McClaskey, 6||Julianna Cabrera, 3|
|Points||Pratt, 15||Cabrera, 5|
|Shots||Clare MacAdam, 18||Jourdan Ziff, 8|
|GK Saves||Sydney Fortson, 48||Sumer Rahe, 30|
What 2 Watch 4
• Navy comes into Friday with the Patriot League’s highest scoring offense with 2.27 goals score per game ... The Mids’ offense tends to get onto the scoreboard early as 14 of its 25 goals have come in the opening 45 minutes
• Junior forward Ash Fairow leads the NCAA Division I with four game-winning goals through 11 games
• Junior defender Baseley McClaskey is sixth in DI with six assists
• Junior midfielder Eleanor Pratt is 13th in the nation with seven goals
• Navy is 8-0 this season when scoring at least one goal ... All three of the team’s losses have come via shutouts ... Another note on their defeats, the Mids' three opponents in those games are a combined 22-2-1 in 2017
Parking / Shuttle Information
Fans are reminded that the general public does not have access to drive their vehicles on to the U.S. Naval Academy. Fans may park at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium for $5 and take a shuttle that will run every 10 minutes starting at 6:00 PM, one hour prior to the game and will continue running until one hour after the game is completed. Fans 18 and over need a government-issued photo ID. Enter Gate 5 off Taylor Ave. to park at the stadium. Dogs are not permitted inside the Glenn Warner Soccer Facility.