Women's Soccer Welcomes Lehigh for Saturday Tilt
|GAME 14: LEHIGH (5-2-4, 1-0-2 PL) at NAVY (10-3, 3-0 PL)|
||Saturday, Sept. 30, 3:00 PM|
|Location||Glenn Warner Soccer Facility|
|Game Notes||Navy Media Notes|
|Social Media||@NavyAthletics | Facebook | Instagram|
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - The Navy women's soccer team will look to continue its hold on the top spot in the Patriot League standings with a home matchup versus Lehigh on Saturday afternoon. The Mids (10-3, 3-0 PL) come in on a six-game win streak, while the Mountain Hawks (5-2-4, 1-0-2 PL) have posted draws in each of its last three contests. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. at the Glenn Warner Soccer Facility.
Both live stats and video will be available for Saturday's competition.
Navy vs. Lehigh
• Saturday will be the 27th meeting between the two schools in a series that began on Sept. 18, 1993 ... Navy leads the series 18-4-4 and has outscored Lehigh, 60-17 all-time ... After going 0-2-1 over the teams’ first three meetings, Navy has kicked the series into gear with an 18-2-3 mark beginning in 1996 ... The Mids are currently in the midst of a six-game winning streak, in which they have outscored the Mountain Hawks, 13-1.
• Last season in Bethlehem, Navy earned the program’s 300th with a 3-0 victory ... Rachel Feldman (‘17) led the Mids attack with a two-goal output courtesy of a penalty kick conversion in the 43rd minute and a loose ball goal in the 69th off a corner kick ... Ash Fairow added an insurance goal in the 85th minute to cap the scoring ... Dayton Wetherby (‘17) recorded the shutout in goal with three saves ... For the game, Navy outshot Lehigh, 16-8 with a 6-3 advantage in shots on goal ... The Mids also had five more corner kick opportunities at 6-1.
• Amongst returning players, only Ash Fairow (1g) and Clare MacAdam have recorded points versus the Mountain Hawks with both checking that box in 2016 ... Megan Rogers is the active leader in minutes played against Lehigh with 208 minutes since 2014 (she’s played complete 90’s in each of the past two meetings).
Last 5 Matchups
In the last five meetings dating back to 2012, the Mids are 5-0 and have outscored the Mountain Hawks, 12-1
Sept. 28, 2016: Navy 3 - Lehigh 0
Sept. 30, 2015: Navy 1 - Lehigh 0
Oct. 22, 2014: Navy 2 - Lehigh 0
Oct. 23, 2013: Navy 2 - Lehigh 0
Nov. 2, 2012: Navy 4 - Lehigh 1 (Patriot League Semifinals)
Comparing the Teams
|Patriot League Record||3-0||1-0-2|
|Goals||Eleanor Pratt, 8||Annika Jansa, 3|
|Assists||Baseley McClaskey, 7||Clare Severe, 3|
|Points||Pratt, 17||Jansa, 6|
|Shots||Clare MacAdam, 26||Sabrina Mertz, 36|
|GK Saves||Sydney Fortson, 53||Sam Miller, 43|
What 2 Watch 4
• Navy comes into Saturday with the Patriot League’s highest scoring offense with 2.39 goals scored per game ... During the Mids’ current six-game win streak, they’ve tallied 20 goals with 13 coming in the second half of contests
• The Mids are ranked 13th in the most recented United Soccer Coaches East Regional Poll, up from 15th a week ago ... Amongst non-ACC teams in the region they’re number three behind (3) Princeton and (11) St. Louis
• 17 of Navy’s 23 field players have recorded points this season with six having seven or more points.
• Junior forward Ash Fairow is tied for first in the NCAA Division I with five game-winning goals over 13 games
• Junior defender Baseley McClaskey is fourth in DI with seven assists
• Junior midfielder Eleanor Pratt is 11th in the nation with eight goals
• Navy is 10-0 this season when scoring at least one goal ... All three of the team’s losses have come via shutouts ... Another note on their defeats, the Mids’ three opponents in those games are a combined 26-4-1 in 2017
Parking / Shuttle Information
Fans are reminded that the general public does not have access to drive their vehicles on to the U.S. Naval Academy. Fans may park at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium for $5 and take a shuttle that will run every 10 minutes starting at 2:00 PM, one hour prior to the game and will continue running until one hour after the game is completed. Fans 18 and over need a government-issued photo ID. Enter Gate 5 off Taylor Ave. to park at the stadium. Dogs are not permitted inside the Glenn Warner Soccer Facility.