Patriot League Showdown Between Navy and Boston U. Set for Saturday
|GAME 15: BOSTON U. (5-5-3, 3-0-1 PL) at NAVY (11-3, 4-0 PL)|
||Saturday, Oct. 7, 8:00 PM|
|Location||Glenn Warner Soccer Facility|
|Social Media||@NavyAthletics | Facebook | Instagram|
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - On Saturday night, the Glenn Warner Soccer Facility will be the host to the game of the week in the Patriot League as the conference's first and third ranked women's soccer teams will face off in an 8 p.m. bout. The first-place Navy Midshipmen (11-3, 4-0 PL) will look to hold onto the top spot versus the Boston University Terriers (5-5-3, 3-0-1 PL). Navy comes into the home showdown with a seven-game winning streak and a stretch of shutout soccer spanning four and a half games (408 minutes).
Live stats will be associated with Saturday night's game.
Note the change in parking/shuttle information for Saturday. Due to the Navy-Air Force football game, fans will be asked to park at the new Navy Clinic at 695 Kinkaid Road and take a shuttle that will run every 10 minutes starting at 7:00 PM.
Navy vs. Boston U.
• Saturday will be the eighth meeting between the two schools in a series that began with Boston joining the Patriot League prior to the 2013 season ... Since Sept. 20, 2013, the Terriers lead the series 6-1 and has outscored the Mids, 9-2 all-time ... After winning the first-ever matchup at home in 2013 by a 1-0 score, the Mids have dropped six straight, including three postseason bouts ... Five of the seven contests between the schools have had one-goal margins of victory, while the other two were by two goals (Nov. 7, 2014 & Oct. 29, 2016).
• Last season Navy dropped a pair of matchups with Boston University with a 2-0 setback in the final game of the regular season on Oct. 29 before suffering a 2-1 defeat in the Patriot League semifinals at Bucknell on Nov. 4 ... In the postseason matchup, BU used back-to-back goals in the 80th and 82nd minutes to down Navy late ... Earlier in the game, Ash Fairow used a lead pass from Clare MacAdam to put the Mids up 1-0 in the 65th minute ... For the game, BU outshot Navy, 18-10 with an 8-6 advantage in shots on goal ... Dayton Wetherby (‘17) made six saves in goal for the Mids.
• Amongst returning players, only Ash Fairow (1g) and Clare MacAdam have recorded points versus the Terriers with both checking that box in the 2016 postseason matchup ... Meghan Hegarty is the active leader in minutes played against Boston with 370 minutes out of 450 since 2014 (she’s only been off the field 23 minutes over the past three games).
Dating back to 2013, the Mids are 1-6 and have been outscored by the Terriers, 9-2
Nov. 4, 2016: Boston 2 - Navy 1 (Patriot League Semifinals)
Oct. 29, 2016: Boston 2 - Navy 0
Oct. 31, 2015: Boston 1 - Navy 0
Nov. 7, 2014: Boston 2 - Navy 0 (Patriot League Semifinals)
Sept. 20, 2014: Boston 1 - Navy 0
Nov. 10, 2013: Boston 1 - Navy (Patriot League Finals)
Sept. 20, 2013: Navy 1 - Boston 0
Common 2017 Opponents
|American||W, 2-0||W, 6-0|
|Holy Cross||W, 2-1||W, 1-0|
|Lehigh||W, 2-0||T, 0-0|
Comparing the Teams
|Patriot League Record||4-0||3-0-1|
|Goals||Eleanor Pratt, 9||Christina Wakefield, 4|
|Assists||Baseley McClaskey, 7||Jesse Shreck, 4|
|Points||Pratt, 19||Wakefield, 9|
|Shots||Clare MacAdam, 29||Wakefield/Shreck, 22|
|GK Saves||Sydney Fortson, 56||Hannah Ciolek, 29|
What 2 Watch 4
• Navy comes into Saturday with the Patriot League’s highest scoring offense with 2.36 goals scored per game ... During the Mids’ current seven-game win streak, they’ve tallied 22 goals with 14 coming in the second half of contests
• Defensively, Navy is in the midst of four-plus straight shutouts ranging over 408:07 minutes
• The Mids are ranked 12th in the most recented United Soccer Coaches East Regional Poll, up from 13th a week ago ... Amongst non-ACC teams in the region they’re number three behind (3) Princeton and (10) St. Louis
• 17 of Navy’s 23 field players have recorded points this season with six having seven or more points
• Junior forward Ash Fairow is tied for first in the NCAA Division I with six game-winning goals over 14 games
• Junior defender Baseley McClaskey is seventh in DI with seven assists
• Junior midfielder Eleanor Pratt is 11th in the nation with nine goals
• Navy is 11-0 this season when scoring at least one goal ... All three of the team’s losses have come via shutouts ... Another note on their defeats, the Mids’ three opponents in those games are a combined 29-5-3 in 2017
Parking / Shuttle Information
Fans are reminded that the general public does not have access to drive their vehicles on to the U.S. Naval Academy. Fans may park at the new Navy Clinic at 695 Kinkaid Road and take a shuttle that will run every 10 minutes starting at 7:00 PM, one hour prior to the game and will continue running until one hour after the game is completed. Fans 18 and over need a government-issued photo ID. Dogs are not permitted inside the Glenn Warner Soccer Facility.