NAVYSPORTS.COM - The Official Web Site of Naval Academy Varsity Athletics - Dankanich Selected as a Finalist for Soccer News Net College Boot POY
» «

Dankanich Selected as a Finalist for Soccer News Net College Boot POY

Junior forward Morgan Dankanich

Dec. 5, 2013

Vote Here

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Navy women’s soccer junior forward Morgan Dankanich (Glenmoore, Pa.) was selected as one of 36 finalists for the 2013 Soccer News Net College Boot Player of the Year, announced by the editors of the Soccer News Net network.

Online fan voting will account for 40 percent of the total toward the award. The remaining 60 percent of the vote will be cast by the Soccer News Net editorial staff. The winner of the popular vote will receive the Soccer News Net Supporter's Choice Award.

Fans from across the country will be able to vote for the top collegiate player. Voting will last until December 18, and will be conducted on Big Apple Soccer (, Chicagoland Soccer News (, LA Soccer News (, New England Soccer News (, Philly Soccer News ( Dallas Soccer News. ( , DC Soccer News ( and Sunshine Soccer News (

Dankanich led the Patriot League in scoring with 14 goals. The junior forward also picked up first-team All-Patriot League honors from the head coaches. She led all scorers during League competition with five goals and 10 points in nine contests, and was the only player to average more than one point per game in those outings. Dankanich led the League with six game-winning goals on the season, four of those coming in eight League victories. She is Navy's fifth Offensive Player of the Year and first since Meggie Curran in 2006.



The American Army Navy Ask the AD Fund For Athletic Excellence Blue and Gold Game Promotion Patriot League Network Patriot League Veterans Classic 2017 Scout Day
Patriot League The American Athletic Conference Corporate SPonsorship Opportunities