The Fund for Athletic Excellence fuels the Naval Academy's Physical mission, ensuring that the NAAA has the resources to provide its coaches and athletic programs with the tools they need to succeed. Contributions to the Fund for Athletic Excellence are utilized by the NAAA in four primary areas:
- Outstanding Leadership
- Coaches: The NAAA is committed to recruiting and retaining coaches who are educators and role models, who understand the mission of the institution and are effective in balancing the values of the Academy with their proven competitive success.
- Student-Athletes: The NAAA's coaches are committed to recruiting a special caliber of student-athlete who will thrive in the Naval Academy's rigorous environment.
- Operational Support: Encompassing the broadest range of items, operational support covers those things that contribute to the creation and sustainment of a winning environment.
- General Physical Mission Support: The NAAA provides a wide variety of competitive non-varsity, intercollegiate athletic opportunities for midshipmen.
- Facilities Enhancement: The Fund for Athletic Excellence provides preliminary private funding for projects and facilities enhancement that will benefit the entire Brigade.