The Fund for Athletic Excellence fuels the Naval Academy's Physical mission, ensuring that the NAAA has the resources to provide its coaches and athletic programs with the tools they need to succeed. Contributions to the Fund for Athletic Excellence are utilized by the NAAA in four primary areas:
- Outstanding Leadership
- Coaches: The NAAA is committed to recruiting and retaining coaches who are educators and role models, who understand the mission of the institution and are effective in balancing the values of the Academy with their proven competitive success.
- Student-Athletes: The NAAA's coaches are committed to recruiting a special caliber of student-athlete who will thrive in the Naval Academy's rigorous environment.
- Operational Support: Encompassing the broadest range of items, operational support covers those things that contribute to the creation and sustainment of a winning environment.
- General Physical Mission Support: The NAAA provides a wide variety of competitive non-varsity, intercollegiate athletic opportunities for midshipmen.
- Facilities Enhancement: The Fund for Athletic Excellence provides preliminary private funding for projects and facilities enhancement that will benefit the entire Brigade.
Current Athletic Excellence Articles:
- Key Dates:
- Athletic Excellence Hospitality Terrace- begins at halftime and runs through the end of the 4th quarter.
- September 20, 2014
- September 27, 2014 (President's Circle Weekend)
- October 11, 2014
- October 25, 2014 (Homecoming Weekend)
- November 15, 2014
- 2014 Navy Football Luncheon Series (in the VADM William Lawrence Room at NMCMS)
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014
- Tuesday, December 9, 2014
- Veterans Classic at the Naval Academy
- November 14, 2014
- Navy, Michigan State, Tennessee and VCU
- Winter/Spring Hospitality Receptions
- February 7, 2015: Army-Navy Basketball Double-Header
- (2) Others TBD
- Athletic Excellence Head Coaches Dinner
- Saturday, April 18, 2015
- Athletic Excellence Classic (Golf Tournament)
- Friday, May 29, 2015
For additional information and all other inquiries about supporting Athletic Excellence at the United States Naval Academy, please contact:
|Stephen A. O'Brien, J.D.
Senior Associate Athletics Director
Phone (410) 293-3767
Fax (410) 293-2207
Assistant Director of Development
Phone (410) 293-8963
Fax (410) 293-2207