July 2, 2010
• VOTE NOW!
ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- A new week of balloting featuring wins by the baseball, basketball and lacrosse teams is now underway in the Best of Navy All-Access Series at www.NavySports.com.
The events fans have the opportunity to choose their favorite from between now and Friday, July 9, are:
• The women's basketball team turning a 15-point first-half deficit into a 16-point second-half lead on its way to recording a 64-53 victory over Army;
• Romeo Garcia tallying 20 points to pace the men's basketball team in an 81-79 win over Bucknell;
• Ben Nelson pitching eight shutout innings in a 7-0 win by the baseball team against Lehigh;
• Andy Warner's dramatic overtime goal allowing the men's lacrosse team to end a 36-game losing streak to Johns Hopkins with a 9-8 victory over the Blue Jays;
• The women's lacrosse team defeating Sacred Heart, 12-2, in the NCAA?Play-In Game that advanced the Mids to their first NCAA Tournament.
A free video stream of the event listed above that receives the most votes over the next week will be available for viewing starting Monday, July 12, and running until Monday, July 19. To vote, simply click on the following link:
Fans also can visit the same link through Tuesday, July 6, to view a free video stream of the 202-95 victory by the Navy women's swimming and diving team over Army.
Additionally, visit www.NavySports.com on Tuesday, July 6, to start viewing a free video stream of the following event that was selected as the most popular one for this past week:
• After spotting Louisiana Tech the opening 14 points of the game, the football team scored the last 32 points of the contest to defeat the Bulldogs;
• The women's basketball team tallying 11 three-point field goals in a 67-57 victory over Loyola;
• K.C. Gordon scoring 20 points to pace the women's basketball team to a 75-60 win over Holy Cross;
• The men's basketball team outscoring Holy Cross 10-4 over the last three minutes of the game to rally for an 83-80 win over the Crusaders;
• A defensive effort by the women's lacrosse team held Holy Cross scoreless over the last 42 minutes of the game to allow the Mids to emerge with a 10-4 victory;
• Jonathan Berkowitz singling in the bottom of the ninth to plate the winning run in a 4-3 victory by the baseball team over UMBC.
The Best of Navy All-Access series will continue all summer long on www.NavySports.com. Voting each week will lead to fans being able to view a video stream of the most popular event for free.
While only one event each week will be aired for free this summer, subscribers to Navy All-Access are able to view streams of all events that are part of the Navy All-Access archived library at any time. In addition to having access to past events, subscribers also are able to receive streams of the many events that will be produced during the upcoming 2010-11 sports year. The varied offerings will include weekly post-practice and post-game press conferences with head football coach Ken Niumatalolo, live coverage of nearly every home men's and women's basketball game, audio and video coverage of additional Navy sports teams and select Patriot League Championship events.
A one-year subscription to Navy All-Access costs $79.95, while a monthly subscription runs $9.95.